Classic Moped Spares Best Deal Yet?
2-12 Replacement Tyres Now in Stock!We now have available a range of small tyres at affordable prices for the BSA Ariel ThreeClark ScampRaleigh RSW 16Raleigh RM7 WispSome Electric Scootersand man...
1956 Classic Motorcycle
Zundapp was a major motorcycle manufacturer founded in Germany in 1917 in Nuremburg and eventually the company was bankrupt in 1984.
Zundapp Combinette Mopeds were sold under licence in the Uk 1950’s by Ambassador Motorcycles. The 1956 model was displayed at the 1955 Earls Court Motorcycle Show. A very stylish machine it had deep valance mudguards, a frame mounted fuel tank and long sweeping exhaust pipe. The bike also had a 2 speed gearbox and the front forks used helical compression springs. The colour scheme was upgraded to have gold lining. The model was on sale for about 4 years in the UK, but its price was higher than anticipated at £67 16s and sales were not very high.
· Engine 49cc 2 stroke with chrome liner
· Bing Carburettor
· Maximum speed 32 mph
· Drum Braking with Coaster Hub on Rear
· Fuel Consumption 116mpg
Model For Sale:-
· Good Quality German Engineered Moped with stylish mudguards, chain guards and bodywork.
· Although not running the engine turns freely with good compression and there is also a spark so I would expect the bike to run
· There are no documents with the bike so I do not know if the number can be kept, however the frame number is clearly bike being 1956 means that as it is earlier than 1960 in the UK it is now MOT exempt.
· Mileage 6961
· The clutch is fully operational
· Gears operate though need new cable fitted to operate correctly
· Alloy wheels in excellent condition
· Original Front Number Plate with a small label at the top with ‘Blummels’ logo which is nice little feature
· Original Rear Rack Parcel Carrier spring still has good tension
· Very many original parts and Tinware
· Interesting original patina with gold lines
· New inline filter fitted
· Front light not cracked and speedometer fitted into the headlight assembly
· Surface Rust particularly on fuel tank
· Silencer will need some attention
· Control Cables need replacing
· The saddle is an Nsu so I do not think it is original?
· There is a crack in the rear light lens, which is noticeable if you look closely
· The Front Brake Pads have come off the shoes, but could probably be fixed. I can recommend a good brake re-liner.
A rare 1956 Zundapp Combinette Moped in Oily Rag Condition which will require some work to get it running. In original patina with some very interesting features, a model for the serious collector!
For more details or to view please just send a message or call/text 07810 870 077.
This bike is now for sale on ebay and will be sold to the highest bidder. The auction ends 3rd August 2014
Payment & Delivery
I have tried to be as accurate as possible with this listing so please consider this and only bid to buy at what you wish to pay.
The winning bidder will be expected to make payment within 24 hours unless other arrangements have been agreed.
I can also provide details of reputable courier companies who will deliver to most UK destinations for £80-£140. To discuss International Shipping please contact me.